Monday, August 18, 2008

Welcome to The Tailgate!

So I was looking at my wife's blog and got inspired to create my own. I wanted to document my experiences as a Christian man. I want it open so that others can see and read the Gospel. My first passion among many passions(hobbies) is evangelism and serving the Lord. My hobbies range from welding/fabrication to fishing and anything involving an engine and that is big or goes fast! I am so Blessed to be in a field that involves what I enjoy doing on my own time and that is welding! I am a welding engineer for an EPC (Engineering Procurement and Construction) company. I am a degreed engineer (BS Mechanical Engineering and MS Industrial Engineering with and emphasis on systems). I also have a math minor. I grew up welding since I was a young man on various projects from bumpers and custom truck beds to farm equipment on my grand fathers ranch. I am a blue collar man at heart. I love the outdoors. I love working with my hands and I love to create and build stuff!

With all of this said, I am first and foremost passionate about the Gospel and ministry as mentioned before. My desire and prayer is that this blog will reach and encourage other Christian men. Along with posting on my feelings towards cars, trucks, tools, fishing equipment, welding equipment, fabrication, and general topics related to men, I hope to discuss real issues that Christian men face along with good discussion on some theology, faith, and application of Biblical principles. I will say to those who read my blog that I am not perfect by any means, but by the blood of Jesus I am saved by His Amazing Grace and nothing else. I am simply a man whom desires to serve God and may He be Glorified in all I do. So stay tuned and pay attention to Christ and keep Him in your hearts.

4 comments:

Lady Brainsample said...

Paul, you are totally the man's man, man!

Lady Brainsample said...

Happy birthday Paul!!!

The Boudreaux Family said...

I like your blog already. Aarrhh, Aarrrh, Arrhh. ;) Happy Birthday, too!

Anonymous said...

You don't know me but I know your wonderful wife Tricia and love her blog. I already love yours too. I know I am not a "man" but will enjoy reading!